New version of CoastalTools (version 1.8) now available
This includes some bug fix and minor change to the way beach volumes are calculated as detailed below:
- Added Simulation option to fit wave energy to observed shoreline positions and use the fit parameters to forecast shoreline position (requires the Matlab Global Optimisation Toolbox).
- Corrected bug in refraction direction calculation for oblique waves on shorelines exposed to the NE.
- Added Shoreline class to handle shoreline position data for a profile.
- Added runup and shoaling functions as new Runup Model (setup + swash).
- Added tidal range function to get tidal range from water level record and vertical histogram function.
- Fixed bug in assignment of new data record id when data sets have been deleted.